Welcome to the Meridian Township Park System. The Township Park Rules are designed to protect the natural beauty of the land and wildlife while allowing residents and visitors to enjoy active and passive recreational opportunities. Enjoy your visit.
• Parks are open from dawn to dusk daily.
• Dogs and all pets are welcome in Township Parks but must be on a leash six feet or less in length and under the immediate control of a competent person at all times. Pet owners are responsible for removing all feces deposited by their pets.
• Fires may be built in designated grills or fire pits and shall be attended at all times.
• Fishing is permitted with a valid state fishing license.
• Horses, llamas and other draft animals may be brought into the park when under the immediate control of a competent person. Because of their weight, horses may not be ridden on soft or muddy trails.
• Motorized vehicles are allowed in designated parking areas only.
• Please do not disturb the wildlife in the park. Hunting, trapping, catching, and killing of any animal on park land is prohibited, as is disturbing or robbing nests, dens or burrows of any animals. Firearms or weapons of any type are prohibited.
• Picking and collecting of wildflowers, fruits, mushrooms, downed wood or any plant material is prohibited, to retain the health of the natural area and preserve its beauty for all visitors.
• Fireworks, camping and the flying of model airplanes are prohibited.
• Prohibited activities on park ponds and drains include swimming, boating, ice skating and walking on the ice.
• Reservations for pavilion or athletic field use may be arranged by calling the Meridian Township Parks & Recreation Office.
If you observe a serious violation of these rules, especially vandalism, please
report the incident as soon as possible to the Meridian Township Police
non-emergency number 332-6526. Thank you.
Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents. They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.