The latest Township information will be shared in our Township News section. Not finding what you are looking for? Contact our Communications Department and they can help you. email@example.com
2020 August Primary Election Approaches
Post Date:07/24/2020 3:42 PM
Return to full list >>
Election Day in Meridian Township is Tuesday, August 4th. Polls will be open from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Voters at the polls must show a picture ID or sign an affidavit that they are “not in possession of a picture ID” before they are allowed to vote. To find precinct locations and other voter information visit the Township website. Registered residents may view a sample ballot by entering their voter information online at www.michigan.gov/vote.
● “Regular” Request Deadline: If the Early Voting ballot needs to be received by mail, the application for the ballot must reach the Clerk’s Office by 5:00 pm on Friday, July 31st. Please note: Due to mail delivery delays, the Clerk's Office highly recommends applications for the ballot be received no later than Tuesday, July 28th for a ballot to be mailed. Ballots will then need to be returned to the Clerk's Office in-person, by dropping it off inside or one of the white drop-boxes outside the Municipal Building.
● “Late” Request Deadline: Early Voter ballots can be picked up by the voter in person anytime up to 4:00 pm on Monday, August 3rd. Residents must vote their ballot in the Municipal Building; voters are not permitted to leave the office with the ballot on that date.
● The Clerk’s Office will be open until 7:00 pm on Thursday, July 30th and Saturday, August 1st from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm to register voters and issue Absentee Voter ballots; this is the last day Absentee Voter ballots can leave the building.
● Same Day Voter Registration Request Deadline: A voter who registers to vote on Election Day by appearing in person at the Meridian Township Clerk’s Office is eligible to obtain an Absentee Voter ballot until 8:00 pm on Election Day. Residents must vote their ballot in the Municipal Building.
● Due to construction at Haslett Public Schools, voters in three Haslett precincts will be temporarily co-located at other precincts just for the August Primary election:
Precinct 2 voters – who vote at Haslett Middle School – will be voting at St. Luke Church (5589 Van Atta Rd)
Precinct 3 voters – who vote at Haslett High School – will be voting at the Meridian Municipal Building (5151 Marsh Rd.)
Precinct 4 voters – who vote at Murphy Elementary – will be voting at New Hope Church (2170 East Saginaw)
All voted Absentee Voter ballots must be returned to the Clerk’s Office by 8:00 pm on Election Day, Tuesday, August 4th, in order to be tabulated.
For additional questions, please contact the Meridian Township Clerk’s Office at 517.853.4300.