Summer Day Camp
Enjoy a 1-day, 2-day or 4-day adventure at the Harris Nature Center this summer!
All Day Camps at the Harris Nature Center are nature themed with an emphasis on conservation. Camps are arranged and designed with age appropriate activities. Personal attention is given to each child by a dedicated HNC Naturalist.
All campers will receive a Harris Nature Center camp shirt. If you register before June 1st you will also receive a discount on each session you children enroll in.
For more information and to register, contact the Harris Nature Center at 517.349.3866 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also register online here.
Canceled - Chipmunk Story Time
04/16/2020 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Canceled - Explore Nature Open House
04/19/2020 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Canceled - Earth Day Stewardship
04/25/2020 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Canceled - Spring Walk in Nature
04/26/2020 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Native Plants Sale
05/02/2020 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Preschool Nature Exploration
05/07/2020 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Howl at the Moon Guided Walk
05/08/2020 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Harris Nature Center Flyers
- Harris Nature Center 2020 Summer Camp Brochure
- Chipmunk Story Time 2020 Schedule
- Preschool Nature Exploration 2020 Schedule and Flyer
- Howl at the Moon Guided Walk 2020 Schedule
- Native Plants Sale 2020 Flyer
- Native Plants 2020 Order Form
- Native Shrubs 2020 Order Form
- Edible Wild Plants Walk 2020 Flyer
- Evening Wildflower Walk 2020 Flyer
- All About Frogs Campfire 2020 Flyer
- Scout Programs Flyer
- Scout Nature Badge Programs List
- Birthday Party Flyer
- Elementary School Science Topics List
- Preschool Science Topics List
- Home School Science Topics List
Visitors to the Nature Center can discover wildlife along the trails, as well as the wondrous colors of nature during each season. Families are drawn to the Harris Nature Center from around the region seeking opportunities to discover nature and animals.
In spring, trails may be muddy if you walk near the river, but there are also trails above the water line. This is a great time of the year to look for wildflowers. Bloodroot, spring beauties, trout lilies and large-flowered trillium are just a few of the many wildflowers growing along the trails. Spring is also a good time to listen for birds and frogs calling to one another.